Wow, one year of marriage flew by!
If you have been following me on Instagram, then you know that I had promised a post about my one year anniversary makeup look. I put together a little makeup video for you all, however the current platform I use on my blog doesn’t support video :(. To see a snippet of my video, head on over to my Insta.
Currently, I am sitting here trying to distract myself from wondering what my wife has planned for me today. Our one year anniversary is technically tomorrow, June 10th, but Brit has planned a fun filled day for us today and won’t tell me what we are doing. It is literally a miracle that she hasn’t spilled the beans yet as she is not good at keeping secrets.
In preparation for the day, I have been busy putting together outfits and playing around with makeup. Below, I have listed the affordable products I used to achieve this look.
Click to shop each product!
- NYX | Angel Veil Skin Perfecting Primer $16
- Urban Decay |Eyeshadow Primer Potion – nude $24
- Tarte |Tartelette Tease Pallet $23
- crease = heartbreaker
- inner corner = crush
- brow bone = whisper
- MAC | Prep + Prime Fix+ – original soothing herbal $26
- spray on brush prior to using crush on the inner corner eye
- Anastasia | Brow Definer – medium brown $23
- NYX | Above & Beyond Full Coverage Concealer – porcelain $5
- Loreal | Infallible Pro-Matte – #103 natural buff $13
- NYX | Wonder Stick – medium $12
- Physicians Formula | Powder Palette Bronzer – healthy glow bronzer $14
- NYX | High Definition Blush – hamptons $7
- Stila | Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner – intense black $22
- it Cosmetics | Superhero Mascara – super black $24
- NYX | Suede Matte Lip Liner – cherry skies 4$
- Covergirl | Outlast Lip Color – Eternal Flame $8
My Favorite Products
Number 1, definitely the Covergirl Outlast Lip Color in Eternal Flame. This lipstick has the best staying power of any lipstick I have ever worn. This product comes with 2 things, the color lipstick and a lip gloss. The reason this color stays to well is because it’s formula is similar to a paint. It goes on wet and then dries after a minute (if you watched my insta video, you will see I am trying to dry it faster). When you kiss your honey, THE COLOR DOES NOT TRANSFER! HALLELUJAH!!! Once dry, you then apply the lip gloss, making your lips feel moisturized and glossy. Never ever have to reapply. One and done! It’s literally a dream come true. And for only $8 at any local drugstore!
Second favorite? The NYX | Above & Beyond Full Coverage Concealer in Porcelain. For only $5, this little pot of magic completely covered all of my acne and dark spots. Because the formula is so pigmented, a little goes a long way, thus making it amazingly affordable.
♥ Anniversary fashion post & surprise reveal coming soon!